Benefits and discounts
- The UWA Friends groups offer benefits to members including free or discounted activities such as campus tours, lectures, films, musical and social events.
- Perth International Arts Festival (PIAF) tickets. Staff can use salary packaging for PIAF tickets and enjoy the culture of the performances while saving tax.
Bringing culture into the precinct are new musical, theatrical and artistic performances that are held throughout the year.
- UWA Music presents over 100 public performances annually, including an international piano recital series, a major mixed-repertoire concert series, a free lunchtime concert series, masterclasses plus numerous special events and senior student recitals.
- Our theatres host an exciting array of major Australian and international acts, why not check out what's coming up at our theatres.
- Perth International Arts Festival
- Every year in spectacular fashion, Perth celebrates the international arts in venues across UWA and the city. Record box office and attendance figures every year make this critically acclaimed event a cultural highlight in everyone' s calendar.
- UWA Graduate Dramatic Society (GRADS) which holds three performances a year, is open to graduates of UWA and other tertiary institutions.
- The University Dramatic Society (UDS) encourages new work, including plays written by members, as well as contemporary and historical theatre.
- The UWA French Club have been putting on an annual play since 1934. These productions have become an institution in the Perth French-speaking community, as the play is traditionally performed completely in the original French.
- The UWA Pantomime Society are an amateur theatre group, bringing fun and frivolity to the stage. Their shows are inspired by well-known fairy tales and or contemporary stories and their team of writers devise original scripts for each of our productions.
- Perth Undergraduate Choral Society (PUCS) has been the principal undergraduate choir on campus for the past 50 years and is open to all university students.
- The UWA Choral Society (UWACS) was the original choir on the University campus and is open to all staff, students, alumni and members of the community.